Recommended rally routes in the area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended rally routes in the area?

I'm going to be renting a car end of this month to compare it to my current '06 M5 so I can understand what I want to do with this thing long term. That being said, I'll have the car for a day and wanted to do a nice bit of driving to form an impression of the car.

Anyone have recommend routes in the area for previous meets? Many years ago there was a meet that went from Schaumburg to Lake Geneva, WI that was pretty nice. I'm sure there has been plenty of these little rallys and was hoping some of the routes could be shared. Hills, curves, forests, all great elements I'd like to capture. I don't need any "safe" stretches for speed. I don't mind a lot of stops. Part of this test is to see how much better newer generation automanuals are over the e60 M5's SMG. (the only part of the car I really don't like).

This is a personal route I enjoy. Great for turns and fairly open but I'm looking for a little more.

Cool route Greg!

We do monthly cruises to different locations.

Sheridan up to North IL
    Geneva Destination
    Galena Cruise
    Kettle Moraine to Road America
    Backroads to Starved Rock

Some new ones is Rockford to Dixon. Haven't done that as a group but nice roads. Did that once with another group.
    Last edited by MattMan; 04-15-2016, 04:07 PM.
    Keep up to date on events and news on our Facebook page!
    Like us at: www.facebook.com/ChiTownM
    Join our private FB Group!

Comment

Greg, here is a link to info on a cruise to Galena we have done before http://www.chitownm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7207

It has google maps routes included!

1996 e36 ///M3 Coupe 5 Speed
      Cosmos Black over Black Nappa Leather

2008 e82 135i 6 Speed ///M Sport
      Sedona Red over Black Boston Leather

2000 e39 528i Steptronic
      Jet Black over Black Leatherette

BMW CCA Member #411543

Comment

Working...
      X